Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tool #11

1. Dropbox, XtraNormal and CommonSense.  I really liked XtraNormal and found it be fun and engaging not only for me but for the students.  I would create a lesson in which the students had to create their own XtraNormal relating to the current unit to be shared with the rest of the class.  This gives them a chance to be creative, interactive and review the material.

2. I think this has opened my eyes to how much technology can be used in my classroom.  When I went to school, we did not have all of these resources so when I was first faced with the prospect of using them, I didn't really know where to begin.  There are so many ways that I use this technology in  my life, but I had never really taken the time to figure out how it could be used in an educational setting. I think that my classroom will now have more of an emphasis on the ActiveBoard and not the dry erase board to focus the students on the technology.

3. I was surprised by how much I learned about different ways to use the technology.  To be honest, when I began this project, I thought it would useless, lame and a waste of my time, but I have discovered many useful resources and been given many great, innovative and engaging ideas.  I am now much more ready and excited to use technology in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment