Thursday, August 16, 2012

Tool #3

I like YouTube.com a lot because of the variety of videos available.  However, there can be some troubles frinding high quality videos since the website allows for personal posting from any user.  Discovery Education is also a great website for educational videos that are short, interesting and visually exiting.

Videos can be used in my classroom to illustrate different themes and vocabulary from my World Geography curriculum.  Below is a video from the BBC that I found on YouTube.com that illustrates the formation and migration of tectonic plates.


Another useful video for me would be the following which illustrates the social hierarchy of the Middle Ages and medieval society and could be used in my World History class.

http://player.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?guidAssetId=0742FC72-811E-4F09-9941-A0467A7C9B95&blnFromSearch=1&productcode=US


I have signed up for a Dropbox account.  Dropbox could be helpful for me when dealing with student make-up work. I could also use it to share resources with other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment